The Linksys Extender Setup is done using the web setup website extender.linksys.com (extended version). When the wifi range extender setup is done successfully, you will be able to start with the advanced settings. People nowadays rely on modern and high-frequency WiFi routers to meet their internet connectivity requirements.
However, in certain areas, the signal is poor or no internet access is available. These are referred to as “dead network locations” or “dead network zones.” Instead of purchasing a new router, you may use a Linksys WiFi extender. The installation cost of the Linksys extender is a third of the cost of the router.
The signal strength of a Linksys WiFi extender is increased, allowing you to enjoy the internet across your house or office. Consequently, the topic of how to execute Linksys WiFi extender configuration arises. You’ll need to get a few items ready in order to accomplish this.
Two ways were used to accomplish the Linksys extender Wifi configuration. Before you proceed any further, it is essential that you understand the conditions for the Linksys WiFi extender setup that are required.
How to Setup Linksys WiFi extender By Using Extender.linksys.com
Wifi router Linksys Extender Setup may be completed either on the Extender.Linksys.com offline website or the Extender.Linksys.Setup page. However, it is important to remember that Extender.Linksys.com and Extender.Linksys.Setup sites cannot be visited in an online form.
As a result, you may also use www.extenderlinksyssetup.com to configure Linksys wifi Extender Setup.
Steps to be followed are:
- To begin, connect your Linksys extender to a power outlet using the included cable.
- Now, to begin the configuration process, put http://extender.linksys.com or http://192.168.1.1 into your browser’s address bar.
- If the Linksys extender configuration page does not appear, try a different browser.
- Because it will ask you how you would want to configure Linksys Extender on the setup screen, be sure to pay attention.
- Depending on your requirements, select Linksys wifi Range extender or Linksys wifi Access point.
- The WiFi network that you wish to expand should be selected.
- As a result, just follow the online instructions to complete your installation.
- At the end of the process, the After Setup Successful Connection page will automatically close.
- Connect the extender to your router using the Spot Finder to ensure that you have fast internet and optimum signal strength.
How to Configure linksys extender setup page with WPS
You may complete your Linksys Extender Setup with any WPS-compatible router or by visiting the Linksys Offline page on the Linksys website ( Linksys extender or extender.linksys.com).
- To begin, locate the WPS button on the router (the location varies from router to router), which is usually located on the rear of the router.
- Second, hit WPS on the router and, within 2 minutes, press it on the Linksys Extender to complete the setup.
- As a consequence, the WPS light turns solid to indicate that the connection with the router was successful, and your setup is complete.
- Please double-check that the WPS button was enabled in the router’s configuration.
- NOTE:- Additionally, for confirmation, connect your smartphone, computer, or tablet to the New Wi-Fi network that ends with the letters _EXT.
Setup Linksys extender – extender.linksys.com using WPS Button
The WPS abbreviation stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. This button is only functional on a single device at a time. The WPS button is located on the router’s front or rear panel, depending on whether it is a Linksys extension. Many routers do not include the WPS capability.
The primary role of the WPS button is to act as a network security standard, which speeds up the process of connecting to the router and wireless device by connecting to them simultaneously. Take the following steps to complete the process:
- Check to see that the Linksys WiFi range extender router is properly linked to the network (extender.linksys.com).
- Connect the Linksys WiFi range extender to an electrical switch to complete the installation.
- Wait a few seconds after the power LED on your Linksys WiFi extender changes from blinking to steady before continuing.
- As a result, hit the WPS button, which is located on the device’s back or side panel.
- The following is an important reminder: If you are setting up a Linksys WiFi extension without going to extender.linksys.com, be sure that both your home WiFi router and wireless extender are in the same location.
How to open Linksys wifi Extender Setup – extender.linksys.com page
If you want to configure your Linksys wifi extender using the wireless protected setup (WPS) technique, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Check to see that your Linksys WiFi extender configuration (extender.linksys.com) is configured appropriately at your residence.
- So, it is the time to connect your Linksys extender to an electrical power outlet.
- Wait until the power LED on your Linksys WiFi extender changes from blinking amber to solid amber before proceeding.
- Press the WPS button on the device’s back or side panel to initiate the connection.
Note: Assuming you are configuring your Linksys WiFi Extender without visiting Linksys.com, make sure that both your home Wi-Fi router and wireless extender are in the same location.