If you need to reset your ASUS router or modem, you may do it in a few different ways. While the majority of devices rely on a factory reset button, ASUS offers an additional web-based factory reset feature. From the comfort of your desk chair, you can do a factory reset on your router!
Because the factory reset button may be a good fallback if the online portal isn’t functioning properly, I’ll cover both options in this article.
Please keep in mind that factory resetting your smartphone will remove all of your current network settings. After the reset, you will need to adjust all of your settings, including things like your WiFi network name and password, which you can find here.
Reset ASUS device using a browser
ASUS routers and modems may be reset to their factory default settings by using the device’s web interface. For this task, you will require a device that is linked to the ASUS network. It is quite OK to use a computer or tablet.
- Select a web browser of your choosing and start browsing (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Alternatively, type http://router.asus.com into your browser’s address bar, or enter the IP address of your router. As a rule, the IP address of ASUS devices is 192.168.1.1 by default.
- You must first log into your ASUS device. For assistance with this step, please see our tutorial on how to log into an ASUS router.
- Under the Advanced Settings panel, select Administration from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Restore/Save/Upload Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Restore next to Factory default from the drop-down menu.
- The changes will be confirmed once you click the OK button.
Using the reset button on your ASUS device, reset your device.
The factory reset button on your ASUS router or modem will allow you to restart it.
- Find the button on the back of your ASUS device and press it. For help determining which button to press, look at a diagram of your ASUS gadget model online. The official ASUS support page is an excellent location to begin your research.
- To reset the router/modem, press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds while the device is switched on.
- When the LED begins to flash, release your hold on the button. The factory reset procedure has been started.