Best Wireless Router On The Market in 2022
You’re looking for the best wireless router on the market for home or office usage, and we can definitely assist you in your search – on this page, you’ll discover the models that the BestWifiRouterGuide networking specialists have deemed to be the very best in their respective classes.
Let’s face it: the black box that your internet service provider (ISP) delivers you isn’t going to be able to compete with the very best wireless routers now being manufactured by the world’s leading manufacturers in the networking industry. We’ll explain everything you need to know by walking you through the specifications and features you’ll need to be familiar with.
Whether you’re looking for the best gaming router or the best router for 4K video streaming, updating your home hardware may make a significant impact on the speed and stability of your internet connections. Even if you have one of the best wifi routers on the market, if you don’t have one of the best wireless routers on the market installed at home, you run the danger of missing out on features and functionality that you might require – not to mention enhanced Wi-Fi coverage.
The fact that you are installing a new wireless router will not automatically increase the speed of the internet that is being fed into your home should be kept in mind. You’ll still receive the same connection speed from your local exchange, and you’ll have to pay your ISP extra money if you want to see an improvement in that speed.
A new router can assist by increasing the speed of your wireless signal even when you are farther away from your router and by managing device loads more intelligently. A higher-quality router, like the best mesh networks, the best SSDs, and the best cameras, may improve your whole computing experience.
Check out the rest of this article for our recommendations for the best wireless routers on the market in 2022.
Best Wireless Router On The Market in 2022
1. Asus RT-AX86U
ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC86U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, WTFast Game Accelerator, Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Adaptive QoS
- Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps
- 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Designed for lag-free online gaming and flawless 4K UHD streaming with Waist game Accelerator and adaptive Qu's
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network-based events. Connected devices must be 802. 11 ac-compatible for best results. Ac input: 110v240v(5060hz)
The Asus RT-AX86U is a Wi-Fi 6 powerhouse that provides incredible speeds, powerful gaming features, and a plethora of customization choices. In addition to offering high-end performance and lifelong protection against intrusions and viruses, this product is a fantastic choice for safeguarding your whole home network, since it provides long-term security without the need for a membership fee and comes with a two-year guarantee.
However, the main attraction of the Asus RT-AX86U is its performance, which is on the verge of reaching the elusive 1Gbps barrier, allowing you to enjoy fast and seamless connectivity for all of your devices. With outstanding range and performance – even through walls and across floors – the RT-AX86U is equal parts general-purpose router and elite gaming router, and the combination of features and ports it provides is a bargain when compared to some of the best-performing gaming gear available. As a result of the eDigitalReviews Awards in 2021, it is named as the runner-up for the best Wi-Fi router category. If you’re looking for the best Wi-Fi 6 router for your entire household, the Asus RT-AX86U is it.
2. Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80)
- FAST WiFi 6 PERFORMANCE: Get wireless coverage for large homes with AX6000 speed (Dual band up to 1.2 + 4.8 Gbps).
- 8 SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS: Provides more capacity so more devices can use WiFi at the same time.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, OFDMA, Amazon Alexa Voice Control, and more.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
Top performance and enhanced security go hand in hand with the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) Wi-Fi 6 router, which combines throughput that breaks through the gigabit per second barrier with malware protection and Disney’s Circle app for blocking inappropriate content and managing family network use. And, because to its exceptional performance through walls and floors, the Nighthawk AX8 will function just as well in the real world as it does in the lab.
Despite the fact that it is costly (as are other Wi-Fi 6 routers), the RAX80 is simple to set up and allows you can customize the router to your precise specifications. In addition, it has a 90-foot range, although its performance is much greater at distances of 50 feet or less, making it a better fit for medium-sized residences. According to nearly every metric, the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) is the Wi-Fi-6 router to purchase if you don’t want to make any compromises on performance or security.
3. Google Nest WiFi
Google Nest Wifi - AC2200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router - 4400 Sq Ft Coverage - 2 pack
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
- 1 Wi-Fi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi routers or points to your system.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included on each router. 15W power adapter.
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates itself to get new features and help your network stay safe and sound.
There are a number of mesh Wi-Fi systems available on the market, and although they will all provide coverage for your wireless home, our pick has to be the Nest WiFi system. The Nest WiFi, which is manufactured by Google, is tiny enough to be hidden out of sight yet elegant enough that you won’t have to. However, there is more to the tiny mesh units’ popularity than merely their superior performance. A Google Home smart speaker is incorporated into each mesh extension of the Nest WiFi system, allowing you to have one of the best voice assistants in the house while also benefiting from a strong wireless connection across the house.
Nest WiFi is not just fast, but it also has one of the simplest setup processes we’ve ever seen, making it simple to add extensions to the system across the house. Furthermore, it is compatible with any older Google WiFi devices that you may have. However, the addition of Google Assistant truly elevates it to a new level, giving an attractive method to integrate voice control across your home, as well as simple integration with a large number of the best smart home devices and all of the best Google Home-compatible products available.
4. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6 Gaming Router (GT-AX11000) - Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wireless Router, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU, WTFast, 2.5G Port, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, AURA RGB
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
This is the only gaming router we’ve tested that supports Wi-Fi 6, and it’s a gamer’s dream thanks to its fast performance across greater distances, minimal latency, and a slew of other capabilities that gamers want. When you add it all up, the majority of other gaming routers are now considered second best.
The GT-AX11000 is enormous, with a big base, eight swiveling antennae, and a whopping 10.8Gbps maximum throughput. It also has a large footprint. Because of its tri-band architecture and four downstream Gigabit LAN connections, as well as a single 2.5G Base T Ethernet connection and two USB 3.0 connectors, this wireless router provides an abundance of connectivity. With lots of control built in, including gaming-specific improvements, and the ability to link it with other Asus routers to create a mesh network to cover a bigger home, this router is an excellent choice. Although it is pricey (at $450), this is the best wireless router for gamers who wish to gain an advantage on the internet.
5. TP-Link Archer C2300
TP-LINK (Archer C2300) AC2300 (600+1625) Wireless Dual Band GB Cable Router, USB 3.0, MU-MIMO
However, don’t be fooled by its unassuming appearance; the TP-Link Archer C2300 is one of the most powerful wireless routers you can purchase, and it has the best range of any single router on our comparison list. As of this writing, it is the undisputed performance champion, pushing out nearly a gigabit of data per second in our typical performance testing and effortlessly bursting through walls and ceilings. Although the Archer C2300 is the fastest router we’ve encountered, it is also the smallest, least noticeable, and most comprehensive in terms of high-end functionality.
With built-in optimization tools like antiviral, QoS, and parental controls, the Archer C2300 is a more affordable alternative to higher-priced competitors that often provide these features. Because it costs only $120, it is less than half the price of comparably performing competitors, and it comes with a two-year warranty. The TP-Link Archer C2300 is without a doubt the best cheap Wi-Fi router available on the market today.
6. TP-Link Archer AX6000
TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router(Archer AX6000) -Wireless Router, 8-Stream WiFi Router, 2.5G WAN Port, 8 Gigabit LAN Ports, MU-MIMO, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- High Speed Wi-Fi 6 Router: AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi speed boosted by 1024QAM deliver wireless speed up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Highly efficient: OFDMA increases average throughput by 4x in high density scenarios, compared with an 802.11ac standard wireless internet router; More devices can use Wi-Fi at the same time
- Long Range Wi-Fi Coverage: 8 high-gain external antennas deliver a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home. BSS color technology ensure smooth and stable connections by eliminate signal interference probably from your neighbors, while beamforming and range boost deliver stronger and far-reaching network
- Powerful Processing: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and 2 co-processors eradicate latency and deliver stable Performance
Wi-Fi 6 routers aren’t cheap, but the TP-Link Archer AX6000 router, our best budget-friendly Wi-Fi 6 router, offers exceptional value for money. It may be lacking in terms of performance and range, but it does provide Wi-Fi 6 speeds at a cost that is $100 cheaper than that of rival Wi-Fi 6 devices. Consider the Archer AX6000 as a low-cost router for the initial generation of Wi-Fi 6 devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
AX6000 router from TP-Link has eight wired networking ports, with the option to connect two of them together to generate a 2Gbps stream of data. This makes it a leader in the field of Wi-Fi 6 routers that are equally as good with wired devices as they are with wireless devices. The addition of router-based security elevates the Archer AX6000 to the top of the list of the best routers available at a price that is difficult to surpass.
7. Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500
The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 is the world’s first Wi-Fi 6e router, and the results are nothing short of spectacular. RAXE500 provides category-leading performance by adding a 6GHz band to the already remarkable capabilities of Wi-Fi 6, which is already a standout technology. The tri-band gadget, which has an AXE11000 rating, more than lives up to the promise by providing approximately 2.5Gbps of real-world data. This, along with the sleek appearance and numerous configuration choices, elevates the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 to one of the best wireless routers we’ve ever tested.
As the first high-performance Wi-Fi 6e router, the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 takes the lead by providing access to a plethora of additional data-delivery channels in the 6GHz spectrum, thanks to its tri-band configuration. While it may not be a good match for everyone, it delivers the kind of performance that earned it the GoodProductReview Award for best Wi-Fi router in the year 2022. While it performs best in close quarters and is one of the most costly routers on the market, the RAXE500 is well worth the investment if you want high throughput speeds.