Best Wireless Router For Two Story House in 2022
You may be experiencing difficulties with your Wi-Fi connection if you reside in a two-story house. In this case, a good router for two story house is required, one that amplifies the signal and may be used on two floors of your home to do this. If you’re not sure where to start, have a look at our guide and the list of the best router for a two-story house we’ve compiled.
When it comes to picking the best wireless router for two story house that is capable of meeting the two most important requirements for every user, namely speed and signal strength, the process may be time-consuming. You’ll need a router designed specifically for huge horses, one that can transmit signals through brick walls and reach your device even if it’s on the second floor.
The selection of a router is influenced by a variety of variables, including characteristics such as coverage area, internet speed, dual-band network, and so on. Furthermore, if you pick a router that is equipped with a mesh system, it may turn out to be the best option available.
Purchasing a wifi router for two story house is not always an easy task, especially if you live in a two-story house. Having the router for a two story house is essential if you want to get the best possible coverage. But what characteristics should you be on the lookout for?
The features that you should be searching for will vary depending on the size of your house as well as how you want to utilize your internet connection.
There are a plethora of things to consider, ranging from the square footage of your house to the number of bands that you should be considering.
Best Wireless Router For Two Story House in 2022
1. NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Home Mesh WiFi System
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50) – Router & Extender Replacement Covers Up to 5,000 sq. ft., 2-Pack Includes 1 Router & 1 Satellite White
- Ultra-performance Mesh WiFi network blankets every inch of your home in super fast and seamless WiFi connectivity - room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor
- Eliminates WiFi dead zones and buffering - 5,000 square feet of consistent coverage - with speeds up to 30 Gbps.
- The most award-winning Mesh WiFi system on the planet: PC Mag, CNET, Wirecutter, Forbes, SmallNetBuilder.
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your WiFi at the same time, thanks to patented tri-band technology.
- Simple setup with the Orbi app - create guest network, access parental controls, perform speed tests, and more right from the appRefer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
To begin, we have the best router for a two story house that covers all of the basics that you will want for a reliable internet connection. The Netgear Orbi Tri-Band home mesh Wi-Fi system differs from your normal router setup in that it utilizes three bands. It is a vertical standing system that has all of the fundamental features that you would expect from a router, but it is the best version of those functions available on the market.
An Extender is also included, which may be installed in your second story for optimum signal strength in addition to the router itself. Furthermore, it has a coverage area of around 5000 sq ft, which appears to be more than sufficient for connecting a large number of devices across your home. You will no longer have any dead areas in your home, and you will be able to effortlessly capture the best signal for optimal performance.
The fact that it offers Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2.2Gbps is the most notable feature that distinguishes this router and extender combo from the competition. Also, while the speed is absolutely dependent on your internet package, it is generally considered to be quite fast. Another feature is its extensive coverage area, which enables more than 25 devices to connect to the network at the same time at the best possible speed. Additionally, you may add more extenders or satellites to get an additional 2500 sq ft of coverage every time.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX80 Wifi 6 router for two story house
NETGEAR Nighthawk 8-Stream AX8 Wifi 6 Router (RAX80) – AX6000 Wireless Speed (Up to 6 Gbps) | 2,500 sq. ft. Coverage
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6Gbps WiFi speed; Works with existing and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or gateway required); Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
We have another Netgear router for two story house, this one focusing on the fact that it supports Wi-Fi 6, which provides amazing speed.
You may easily acquire up to 6 Gbps wifi speed, which will allow you to view continuous HD movies, play online games, download as much stuff as you need, and perform a variety of other comparable activities on your device.
Moreover, it is equipped with the most recent and extremely sophisticated Wi-FI 6 technology, which provides faster data transmission speeds than any other wireless version. You may also expect a speed increase of more than 20% compared to the previous industry norms.
Additionally, it allows the router to connect with a greater number of devices than usual. The construction quality is excellent, and the design is really stunning..
To begin with, the design is really stunning, and the build quality is equally as stunning as well. It includes four antennae that can give Wi-Fi coverage of up to 2500 sq ft, which is a reasonable amount of space in general. You may make use of amazing technologies such as MU-MIMO and Beamforming+ to improve the signal and increase the number of possible connections.
Moving on, you can download the Nighthawk app and get your router up and running in a matter of minutes. Additionally, it supports internet plans with speeds of up to 2Gbps, and you can simply connect your laptops, computer systems, gaming consoles, and other devices to the five Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back of the router.
3. Amazon Eero Mesh WiFi system
- Whole-home coverage - An eero 3-pack is a whole-home WiFi system that replaces your router and covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup in less than 10 minutes and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- Don’t let WiFi slow you down - Get the most from your WiFi by streaming, gaming, and working from anywhere in your home.
When it comes to purchasing a router for two story house, if you don’t want to spend a lot of money, you may choose for the Amazon eero mesh Wi-Fi system, which comes with three devices: a router, two extenders, and two access points (also known as extenders).
Your two-story house will benefit from the approximately 5000 square feet of space it provides. You only need to download the eero app and follow the on-screen instructions to get the devices set up across your home.
You will no longer be required to sit next to your Wi-Fi router for two story house in order to receive enough speed and signal strength because this mesh system covers every area of the house with no dead spots. There are no interruptions whether streaming high definition movies, surfing the internet, or even playing online games because of the high speed of the connection. It is possible to utilize Apple HomeKit in conjunction with this router system to handle all of the data sent from the devices and keep them safe.
This router is well-known for its extensive coverage area, which is in addition to its reasonable price. It is ideal for residences with 2-3 stories and a distance of up to 5000 sq ft. It is also available in other sizes. Amazon eero is powered by a quad-core CPU running at 700MHz with 512MB of RAM.
If you have an internet plan that allows for a wireless range of up to 350Mbps, you should have no trouble getting one. The most appealing feature of this router is that it is extremely small in size, allowing you to simply place it in any room of the house.
4. TP-Link Deco Mesh wifi system
TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System(Deco M5) –Up to 5,500 sq. ft. Whole Home Coverage and 100+ Devices,WiFi Router/Extender Replacement, Anitivirus, 3-pack
- If you're looking to ditch your traditional router extender setup for a whole Home Wi-Fi system, put the TP-Link Deco M5 Wi-Fi system on your short list PC mag said
- Better coverage than traditional Wi-Fi routers: Deco M5 uses 3 units working seamlessly to create a mesh network that can cover homes up to 5,500 square feet. No dead zone anymore.Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃ (32℉ ~104℉)
- Seamless and Stable Wi-Fi: Rather than Wi-Fi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M5 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- TP-Link unique Adaptive routing technology automatically chooses the fastest path for every device and allows for more flexible placement than a satellite system
- Secure Wi-Fi Mesh Network: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring Next-level Antivirus, Robust Parental Controls, and QoS
If you’re searching for a router that can be upgraded to include an extension, the Deco M5 is the most appealing option. The router features a gorgeous design and a Wi-Fi extension, which makes it extremely simple to expand your internet connection for a greater coverage area.
Another interesting feature of this router is that it is comprised of three components that work together to ensure that it operates smoothly. As a result, it will span a larger area of 5800 square feet. In the event that you have been encountering dead zones, you will no longer experience them, even in the multi-story house.
Every internet user’s desire is to be able to rely on a reliable connection at all times when surfing. This router will ensure that your internet is stable at all times, regardless of where you are. The great thing about these extensions is that they all share a single username and password for easy access.
Furthermore, the router for two story house makes use of a proprietary routine technology that is extremely adaptable. Using the router, you may guide your devices to a brand that is precisely suited for the equipment you’re working with. Satellite systems are adaptable and may be installed at any point across your multi-story house.
5. Google Nest Wifi
Google Nest Wifi - AC2200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router - 4400 Sq Ft Coverage - 2 pack
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
- 1 Wi-Fi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi routers or points to your system.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included on each router. 15W power adapter.
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates itself to get new features and help your network stay safe and sound.
The Google Nest Wifi system is one of the most powerful and technologically sophisticated wifi systems available, and it includes every function you could possibly need for your complete house.
To begin with, the design is very simple, taking the form of a pebble, and it is extremely lightweight, allowing you to place it virtually wherever in the home that you choose. This system consists of two components, one of which is a router and the other of which is an extension. When both devices are used together, you may achieve coverage up to 4400 square feet.
Next, there is no requirement for a separate app to be downloaded in order to set up the device. Simply download the Google Home app, which also links to all of your other Google devices and allows you to control them all from one location on your phone. Parental control, a guest network, and other complex capabilities are among the many options accessible on this device.
6. GRYPHON WiFi Router AC3000
Gryphon Parental Control Router & Mesh WiFi System – 3,000Sq Ft per Mesh WiFi Router w/Malware Secure Router Home Protection & Security, AC3000 Tri-Band Wireless Router WiFi Extender for Smart Home
- The Gryphon Tower: Does so much more than traditional home WiFi routers. This wireless WiFi router offers MESH Wifi Connectivity, Intrusion & Malware Home Protection for all your devices (smart connected appliances too) and most importantly protects your family from unwanted influences. Imagine a secure WiFi router & knowing that your kids can surf the web with blazing fast speed and 24/7 protection.
- Competitively Fast Mesh WiFi Internet: MESH Router works by combining the power of each tower or guardian to provide seamless coverage for your space. No more dead zones. If you buy one Gryphon it’s a great wireless router, if you buy multiple Gryphons they work together and create a “MESH” of amazing WiFi coverage.
- Protect your peace of mind: A Gryphon parent control router comes with the Gryphon app which is easy to setup and manage. Setup a secure network, monitor parental controls & set bedtimes for all your devices across the whole home to protect from hackers and unwanted content, or limit time on the web.
- Un-Matched Advanced Internet Protection: This smart router features an arsenal of cyber-armour for your home, Free for the 1st Year then Optional $89/Year: Intelligent Intrusion Detection. Malware Filtering Protection by ESET. Daily Security Updates. Ad Reduction. Device Scanning for IoT’s for Vulnerabilities. *Travel for Work? Kids going behind your back using mobile data? Try our Advanced Protection on the Go with Gryphon HomeBound Free 90 Day Trial!
- Brilliant Parental Control Device Too! Don’t let the internet rule you or your family time. Take back control with our included WiFi Parental Control App featureing content filtering, browsing history, safe search, and safe viewing for YouTube too. Suspend the internet & limit screen time with bed/homework times at the click of a button. Make good decisions easier to make.
Another outstanding device that is included in the top ten list of the best router for a two story house is shown here. It is reasonably priced and will easily fit within your price range, which you may have had in mind before reading any of these reviews.
The Gryphon Wi-Fi router, on the other hand, is a mesh system with a distinctive shape and a size that is far bigger than that of a standard router for two story house.
Not only that, but it is a new product on the market that has already generated interest owing to the extensive list of features it offers. This gadget has a coverage area of up to 3000 sq ft, which means it can easily reach every corner of the house and any number of levels with no dead spots in between.
You may use their official app to establish a secure connection, and you can install the router for two story house system in your house with relative ease.
7. TP-Link AC5400 Tri-Band WiFi Router
TP-Link AC5400 Tri Band WiFi Gaming Router(Archer C5400X) – MU-MIMO Wireless Router, 1.8GHz Quad-Core 64-bit CPU, Game First Priority, Link Aggregation, 16GB Storage, Airtime Fairness
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi Router Made for Gamers: Leading edge 1.8 GHz 64 bit Quad-core CPU and 1G RAM accelerates loading
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports and 1 Gigabit WAN port, with Link Aggregation, you can team two ports to double connection speed
- AC5400 Tri-band Wi-Fi over one 2.4 GHz (1000Mbps) and two 5 GHz bands (2167Mbps), dedicate one band to gaming traffic.
- MU-MIMO and AirTime Fairness maximize total throughput and response rates.
The AC5400 features a futuristic design with eight antennae that are not adjustable. Its large size makes it inconvenient to utilize in every room of your house. However, it features a sophisticated online console interface with a large number of configurable settings.
We have discovered that our test devices have amazing stability and a rock-solid connection, even when we are at the edge of our two-story, 4500 sq ft studio space. Because of the outstanding RangeBoost and BeamBoost capabilities of the AC5400, it is the best router for a two-story house. We put it through its paces from every aspect. The gigabit speed was always consistent, and latency was kept to a minimum. For this reason, the performance of this long-range router is excellent for gaming and intensive use.
8. ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Parental Control, MU-MIMO, OFDMA
- The Next Gen WiFi Standard - Future proof your home network with the next-gen WiFi 6 technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation featuring OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology.
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi - RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, boasting a total network speed of 3000 Mbps - 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band.
- The Most Powerful Mesh System — AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring stable and seamless whole home coverage.
- Commercial-grade network security for family - AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile App Support - Control and customize every feature at your fingertips using the ASUS Router App for both iOS and Android devices.
The RT-AX3000 is another router with a traditional style. However, the sharp edges and sleek design give it a more aggressive appearance. The AX3000 is equipped with four adjustable antennae and eight LEDs on the front to indicate various connection statuses.
We’ve done a lot of testing on ASUS devices in the past. But I’ve never seen something quite like this before. ASUS manufactures a large number of high-end devices aimed squarely at gamers. Despite this, the RT-AX3000 is an inexpensive option with excellent features.
As the primary router in our studio, we relied on the ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000) for over six weeks. It did not fail to impress us. Its powerful wifi 6 technology has given a reliable connection for nearly all of our 30 gadgets. It was installed on the ground floor, right in the midst of our studio, to maximize visibility. Despite this, it provided excellent network support to the 2nd level!
However, after a range of 2800 sq ft, we noticed a slowdown in performance. It’s Gigabit LAN and WAN connections deliver on what ASUS had promised with their performance. The USB 3.1 connection on this router is lightning quick when it comes to transfers.
The sophisticated security features of the RT-AX3000 were the most impressive to us. It provides enough cybersecurity for a household. Finally, if you want to acquire a WiFi 6 router, the best WiFi 6 router for a two-story house will be the model listed above.
Things To Remember Before Buying A Wifi Router For Two Story House
The range of a router is the most crucial aspect to consider when purchasing a router. This is especially true for a two-story house. Because no one wants a sluggish connection or a connection that is often interrupted.
As a result, when purchasing a router, you should consider its range. Make sure to select a router that has a minimum range of 800-1000 sq ft greater than the size of your house. The reason for this is that most routers do not perform as claimed and having additional range will allow you to maintain a connection even when you are outside of your house.
Additionally, determine whether or not your chosen router for two story house is equipped with range boosting and beamforming technologies. These characteristics will assist you in receiving a strong and reliable signal in every room of your two-story house.
In addition to speed, security is another important element of a wifi router that most people ignore.
Cybersecurity is more essential than it has ever been before. Because identity theft and privacy breaches are becoming a frequent occurrence in our society. Because your router has built-in security capabilities, it may be able to assist you in preventing some of these risks in some cases.
A secure router may also save you a lot of money on VPN and antivirus subscriptions, which you would have otherwise paid for these services.
The number of bands available on a router has a major influence on the stability of a connection….
The vast majority of contemporary routers are dual-band. The 2.4 GHz band is capable of handling high volumes of traffic while also allowing waves to traverse longer distances. The 5 GHz spectrum, on the other hand, has the potential to provide a powerful signal to adjacent devices.
Dual-band routers are sufficient for most users’ needs on a daily basis. However, if you are a serious gamer or a heavy user, you might consider investing in a tri-band router for two story house.
If you have a two-story house, antennas are quite vital to have.
The majority of people believe that wifi router antennae are a gimmick feature. However, in practice, antennas have a significant influence. Because these antennas are responsible for transmitting wifi signals. If you want a strong signal in a certain area, just point one or two antennas in that direction.
As a result, when purchasing a router, make sure that the router has adequate antennae and that they are movable.
Advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and MIMO MIMO and Quality of Service (QoS) are current features that will allow you to enjoy an uninterrupted wifi connection.
MU-MIMO is a technique that allows you to have a robust streamable connection across several devices. Once again, Quality of Service (QoS) aids in the management of strong uninterrupted signals for certain devices.
After that, we’ll take a look at some of the most often asked questions about routers for two-story houses.