Best Wifi Router for Long Range in 2022
If you choose one of the best Wifi router for long range in 2022, obtaining high-speed wireless service throughout a bigger home will not be a difficult task. Although many premium routers provide excellent performance at local ranges, such speeds might soon deteriorate as you travel further away from the router’s source. In order to go the distance, the best long-range routers ensure that your signal remains strong even at the farthest limits of their range.
Therefore, you will be able to experience seamless 4K streaming, lag-free gaming, and uninterrupted Zoom calls from any location in your home. Furthermore, because larger houses frequently include a greater number of devices, ranging from laptops and tablets to smartphones and gaming consoles, the finest long-range routers will be able to maintain their performance even while under severe stress.
It also means that you won’t have to be concerned about your Netflix streaming and stuttering while your children are downstairs playing Fortnite. The best long-range routers are excellent choices for anybody who is having difficulty getting high internet connections throughout their house, but they may also be beneficial for anyone who has a large number of connected devices fighting for internet capacity.
Read More: Best Wifi Routers
Which long range wifi router is best in 2022?
Mesh routers, such as the NETGEAR Orbi, are the ideal choice for really big homes and residences with difficult floor plans. Mesh routers are designed to function in conjunction with a number of mesh Wi-Fi points strategically placed around your home. They provide excellent coverage, but you must purchase the additional Wi-Fi points individually, which can be costly.
Individual long range wifi routers like the ASUS RT-AC88U provide less flexible coverage, but they are often less expensive. Standalones make advantage of strong antennas to extend your Wi-Fi coverage to the most remote parts of your home.
1. ASUS RT-AC88U
ASUS AC3100 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC88U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router, WTFast Game Accelerator, Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Adaptive QoS, MU-MIMO
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GigaHertz dual core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP).
A deserving update to the company’s well-respected RT-AC88U long range wifi router, the RT-AX88U takes it to the next level with modern 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 technology, which enables it to handle even the largest and busiest of households. The newer model also manages to keep all of the sophisticated features and configurability that made the previous model so flexible.
This router has the same sleek, low-profile design as the majority of Asus’ other routers in its class, but it has a smaller footprint than the company’s gargantuan gaming routers, so you won’t have any trouble fitting it into your home network. Never let its diminutive size fool you; it is equipped with four powerful beamforming antennas that will provide enough range to cover a living area of up to 5,000 square feet, as well as up to 6Gbps Wi-Fi 6 speeds across the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, and full compatibility with your more common 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 devices, such as your laptop or tablet computer.
With a wide collection of eight Gigabit Ethernet ports located around the rear, you won’t have to worry about installing an additional hub or switch if you have a large number of wired devices connected to your network. This long range wifi router, like most of Asus’ other premium routers, includes AiProtection network security built right in at no additional cost, as well as AiMesh 2.0, which allows you to combine it with other Asus routers to get even stronger coverage around your home, and a slew of other advanced networking features, including a built-in VPN server, traffic monitoring, and adaptive QoS.
2. Netgear Orbi RBK50
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50) – Router & Extender Replacement Covers Up to 5,000 sq. ft., 2-Pack Includes 1 Router & 1 Satellite White
- Ultra-performance Mesh WiFi network blankets every inch of your home in super fast and seamless WiFi connectivity - room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor
- Eliminates WiFi dead zones and buffering - 5,000 square feet of consistent coverage - with speeds up to 30 Gbps.
- The most award-winning Mesh WiFi system on the planet: PC Mag, CNET, Wirecutter, Forbes, SmallNetBuilder.
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your WiFi at the same time, thanks to patented tri-band technology.
- Simple setup with the Orbi app - create guest network, access parental controls, perform speed tests, and more right from the appRefer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
The Orbi, according to NETGEAR, will be capable of delivering connections across a range of 5,000 square feet. Do you require additional space? In addition to being easily extensible, mesh networks have the added benefit of being very customizable. If you want additional coverage, there are numerous Orbi devices to select from. Additional Wi-Fi hotspots (which Orbi refers to as satellites) may increase the coverage area by up to 2,500 square feet, while the less expensive wall plug satellites can increase the coverage area by up to 1,500 square feet.
The tri-band long range wifi router dedicates one frequency band to the backhaul connection between Orbi satellites, while the other two frequency bands are used for other purposes. This enhances the performance of the other two frequency bands, ensuring that your data is delivered at maximum speed.
3. TP-Link Archer AX10
TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX10) – 802.11ax Router, 4 Gigabit LAN Ports, Dual Band AX Router,Beamforming,OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, Works with Alexa
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Archer AX10 comes equipped with latest wireless technology WiFi6 featuring OFDMA 1024-QAM, drastically increasing the speed and efficiency of the entire network.
- Next-gen Dual Band router – 300 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz (802. 11n) + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz (802. 11ax)
- Connect more devices than ever before Wi-Fi 6 technology simultaneously communicates more data to more devices using OFDMA and MU-MIMO while reducing lag dramatically
- Triple-core processing the 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor ensures communications between your router and all connected devices are smooth and Buffer-Free
However, although the TP-Link Archer AX10 does not advertise its range or coverage area, it can effectively cover an area of approximately 2,500 square feet, which is comparable to the less expensive (and older) TP-Link Archer A7, which is a bestseller on Amazon but does not perform particularly well.
Despite the fact that there is many affordable long range wifi router available, the AX10 is an excellent value since it combines a low price with the newest Wi-Fi technology, which is Wi-Fi 6 technology. Because of this, even though it does not offer the same peak speeds as the other routers on our list, it is an excellent budget option, and its beamforming and OFDMA technology enable its signals to reach distant connections effectively.
4. Amazon Eero Pro
Amazon eero Pro 6 tri-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system with built-in Zigbee smart home hub (3-pack)
- Introducing the fastest eero ever - the eero Pro 6 system covers up to 6,000 sq. ft. with wifi speeds up to a gigabit.
- Say goodbye to dead spots and buffering - eero’s mesh wifi technology adapts to your space—so you can confidently stream 4K video, game, and video conference across your home.
- Supports 75+ devices - eero Pro 6 uses the power of Wi-Fi 6 to increase the capacity—and efficiency—of your network.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere. Plus, free customer support is available 7 days a week.
- Connect to Alexa - eero Pro 6 doubles as a Zigbee smart home hub, making it easy to connect and control compatible devices on your network with Alexa.
When you have an inconsistent, short-range wireless router, managing a large number of smart home gadgets may be a real pain in the neck. When it comes to security cameras, the Amazon eero Pro is a great option. The mesh network design of this powerful long-range router allows it to deliver lightning-fast speeds across extended distances without sacrificing reliability. Comprehensive coverage for big houses is provided, as is Wi-Fi 6 compatibility, allowing you to enjoy even faster network connections. The eero Pro is similar to other whole-home mesh routers in that it has a single core router and the option to add satellite devices to extend the area of coverage.
With the eero Pro, you’ll also get tri-band capability, which offers you additional options for prioritizing more essential, bandwidth-intensive devices on the 5GHz channel and less important devices on the 2.4GHz channel. The eero Pro, like many other Amazon products, is compatible with Amazon’s Alexa speech assistant, allowing you to have a complete smart home experience with it.
We were particularly delighted by the overall design of the eero Pro, which is tiny and simple to install in any room of your house or apartment. Although there are just two gigabit Ethernet ports on the long range wifi router, this is to be anticipated with a smaller device of this size and configuration. If you want the greatest streaming experience possible, make sure you have the best smart TV for streaming.
5. Netgear Nighthawk AX12 RAX120 12-Stream AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 Router
NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX120) – AX6000 Wireless Speed (Up to 6 Gbps) | 3,500 sq. ft. Coverage
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support Wi-Fi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 and 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 and Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 and S20
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps Wi-Fi speed
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
Networking company Netgear’s Nighthawk RAX120 is a Wi-Fi 6 router that looks every bit like it belongs in a wireless router of the future. It has a pair of hawk-like wings that conceal its eight high-performance beamforming antennas. In spite of the fact that it has a very high-tech appearance, it is far more elegant than the typical black boxes with spreading antennae.
Furthermore, it delivers 6Gbps AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 speeds to compatible devices, with up to 4.8Gbps on the 5GHz band and 12Gbps on the 2.4GHz side for older 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 clients on the 2.4GHz side for older 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 clients. Streaming, gaming, and video chatting will all be possible across your entire house thanks to the 8-stream MU-MIMO technology, and more of your devices will be able to experience maximum throughput without interfering with one another.
Added to the standard set of four Gigabit Ethernet ports located around the rear of the device is an additional multi-gigabit Ethernet port that can handle 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps connections, or may simply be used as an additional Gigabit Ethernet port. With two USB 3.0 ports, the RAX120 is capable of offering maximum speeds from faster network-connected storage devices when used in conjunction with them.
6. Google Nest WiFi
Google Nest Wifi - AC2200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router - 4400 Sq Ft Coverage - 2 pack
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
- 1 Wi-Fi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi routers or points to your system.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included on each router. 15W power adapter.
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates itself to get new features and help your network stay safe and sound.
Incredibly fast and capable of practically eliminating dead zones in your home network, the Google Nest Wi-Fi mesh router system is an excellent investment. Additional Wi-Fi access points may extend the range of the primary Wifi router for long range to 2,200 square feet, and you can use them to further expand your network. Each point also functions as a smart speaker, resulting in a total coverage area of 1,600 square feet.
It’s an excellent mesh system, and its cheap beginning price makes it an excellent choice for people on a tight budget who want to get their feet wet in the mesh world.
7. TP-Link Archer C80
TP-Link AC1900 Wireless MU-MIMO WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Routers for Home, Parental Contorls & QS, Beamforming (Archer C80)
- Ultra-Fast Dual-Band Speeds: Experience smooth 4K/HD streaming and intense online gaming with speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (1900 Mbps - 600 on 2.4 Ghz and 1300 on 5 Ghz).
- More Reliable Coverage: Achieve the strongest, most reliable WiFi coverage with Archer C80 as it focuses signal strength to your devices using Beamforming technology and 4 antennas.
- Connect More Devices: Simultaneously communicate more data to more devices without slowing down using MU-MIMO technology.
- Advanced WiFi Features: Smart Connect and Airtime Fairness ensure your devices are on the best available WiFi band while ensuring old devices don't slow you down.
- Parental Controls: Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize WiFi access for every person and device in your home. Easy Setup: Set up your router in minutes with the powerful TP-Link Tether App
While there are many reasonably priced routers available on the market, it is difficult to find one that also provides an exceptional range of performance and functionality. With the Archer C80 from TP-Link, you can have good coverage across a fairly sized home without having to shell out hundreds of dollars in additional costs.
Its array of four beamforming antennas is supported by a front-end module (FEM) that is more powerful than the FEMs found in the majority of routers at this price point. So it can send out a startling amount of electricity, reaching even the most remote parts of your house.. In addition to providing up to 1.9Gbps of throughput over the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 compatibility provides more than adequate speed for the 4K streaming and video calling requirements of all but the most demanding households.
It is also one of the few Wifi routers for long range in this price range that has complete 3×3 MU-MIMO functionality, which ensures that all of your Wi-Fi devices may benefit from the fastest possible speeds while without interfering with one another’s operations. Several gigabit ethernet connections on the rear provide ample space for hardwiring in devices like PCs or gaming consoles for optimum speed, and the QoS capabilities allow you to prioritize devices such as smart TVs for the greatest streaming quality possible. The Tether app from TP-Link also has basic parental controls that allow you to restrict internet access to particular devices based on the time of day. Best of all, the entire setup is simple and straightforward thanks to the app.
8. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6 Gaming Router (GT-AX11000) - Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wireless Router, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU, WTFast, 2.5G Port, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, AURA RGB
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
Gaming routers, like gamers themselves, are a rare breed, since they must provide all of the features of the best Wifi router for long rangewhile also delivering lag-free performance to ensure that even the most demanding online tournaments go smoothly. This is where Asus’ ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 router stands out from the crowd: it’s a powerful beast of a router that can handle the demands of large families with even the most demanding gamers living in the same house as you.
This gaming laptop is equipped with a fast quad-core CPU that ensures the lowest possible latency, so gamers won’t have to worry about their computer locking up just as they’re about to make a vital kill shot. While everyone else in the house will be able to enjoy seamless 4K streaming and uninterrupted Zoom and FaceTime chats, the basement will be able to host a war for global dominance without interfering with the rest of the house.
Aside from providing up to 10Gbps of combined speed across all of its frequencies, the GT-tri-band AX11000’s 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 compatibility allows it to effortlessly cover houses up to 5,000 square feet with its eight-antenna beamforming array. A pair of USB 3.0 connections are located on the rear of the computer, where you may connect external storage devices for file sharing or video streaming. There are four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which are joined by a unique 2.5Gbps gaming port, as well as four Gigabit Ethernet ports on the front. The ROG Rapture firmware, in addition to all of Asus’ advanced networking features, provides a gamer’s paradise of optimization tools, including WTFast game acceleration, VPN Fusion to isolate your gaming traffic from your VPN traffic, and adaptive Quality of Service (QoS), which prioritizes your gaming traffic by automatically connecting you to the fastest servers for popular online games.
9. Linksys Velop MX12600
Linksys AX4200 Smart Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router for Whole Home WiFi Mesh System, Tri-Band AX Wireless Gigabit Mesh, Fast Speeds up to 4.2 Gbps, coverage up to 8,100 sq ft, up to 120 devices, 3-Pack (MX12600)
- Powerful wifi 6 mesh coverage:Designed to deliver gigabit wifi speeds to cover every corner of your home, including backyard and outdoor smart home devices
- Connect more devices than ever before: covers up to 8,100 sq, ft. and supports up to 120plus devices. Wifi 6 sends and receives multiple streams of data simultaneously, providing up to 3.5x more wifi capacity to hand more mobile, streaming, gaming, and smart home devices
- Powered by intelligent mesh technology: Eliminates dead zones, interference, and dynamically maximizes speed. Faster wifi performance for lag-free online gaming and HD streaming to any device
- Easy setup and control: Sets up in minutes with the linksys app and be able to manage from afar. lets you access your network from anywhere, and allows you to view or prioritize which connected devices are using the most wifi
- Smart security: With automatic firmware updates, parental controls, and separate guest access, velop provides a safe, secure and up-to-date home network
When it comes to getting the most bang for your money, Linksys’ Velop MX12600 mesh Wifi router for long range is one of the best on the market, offering three mesh units for the price of two, which is less than most other mesh systems charge. With this configuration, you’ll have coverage of up to 8,100 square feet, and each device offers consistently high speeds, even at longer ranges.
Several factors contribute to this, including Wi-Fi 6 technology, which provides full 802.11ax speeds on all three bands while also dynamically regulating the backhaul channel to ensure the greatest possible performance. Thus, the system may determine on the fly whether it is preferable to use the additional 5GHz band to transfer communications between Velop stations or to make it available to your Wi-Fi devices. This means that you’ll have high-speed Wi-Fi in all of the locations where you’ll need it the most, for fast 4K Netflix streaming and lag-free Zoom conversations, among other things.
It also has four Gigabit Ethernet connections as well as a high-speed USB 3.2 port, which allows you to connect an external hard drive or SSD to any (or all) of the stations. It also has some of the greatest NAS performance we’ve observed on a mesh Wi-Fi system, according to our tests. Linksys’ mobile app makes it even easier to get started, however, power users will still need to utilize the online interface to access some of the more sophisticated functions. Unfortunately, it does not have the more advanced anti-malware or parental controls that can be found on many other computers.
10. Netgear Orbi AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh System
NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK852) – Router with 1 Satellite Extender | Coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft., 100 Devices | AX6000 (Up to 6Gbps)
- Coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft. and for up to 100 devices. Extend coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. with each additional satellite (sold separately)
- Ultrafast AX6000 gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Compatible with any internet service provider up to 2.5Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber and DSL
- Connects to your existing cable modem, and replaces your WiFi router
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
In spite of the fact that Netgear’s Orbi is still one of the best mesh WI-Fi systems available, it stands to reason that if you want to go the extra mile to obtain the newest Wi-Fi 6 technology in a mesh system, the premium Orbi AX6000 is the way to go. With only two satellite units, you can provide up to 5,000 square feet of dependable Wi-Fi coverage throughout your house, with consistently high speeds even in the most remote parts of your property. You can easily add more satellite units to extend your coverage even further.
However, while it is not inexpensive, it has unrivaled performance among mesh Wi-Fi systems, capable of delivering up to 6Gbps of Wi-Fi 6, which is double the speed of the current generation. Similar to its widely renowned Wi-Fi 5 elder sister, it is a tri-band system that dedicates the additional 5GHz band for the purpose of serving as a backhaul channel. This means that you’ll get the same lightning-fast speeds across your whole home mesh network, no matter how far away you are from the main Wifi router for long range. As long as you’re within range of at least one of the satellites, you’ll be OK.
Since the dedicated 2.4Gbps channel that runs between each satellite unit is more than sufficient for delivering full Gigabit speeds to a wired PC, game console, or smart TV that is plugged into one or more of the satellite units, the four Gigabit Ethernet ports found on the back of each satellite unit become even greater in their capability of serving up full Gigabit speeds. In order to take full use of the incredibly high performance that this system provides, there is also a 2.5Gbps WAN connector, which means it is fully prepared to connect to a multi-gigabit internet connection.
11. TP-Link Archer AX6000 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 router for long range
TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router(Archer AX6000) -Wireless Router, 8-Stream WiFi Router, 2.5G WAN Port, 8 Gigabit LAN Ports, MU-MIMO, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- High Speed Wi-Fi 6 Router: AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi speed boosted by 1024QAM deliver wireless speed up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Highly efficient: OFDMA increases average throughput by 4x in high density scenarios, compared with an 802.11ac standard wireless internet router; More devices can use Wi-Fi at the same time
- Long Range Wi-Fi Coverage: 8 high-gain external antennas deliver a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home. BSS color technology ensure smooth and stable connections by eliminate signal interference probably from your neighbors, while beamforming and range boost deliver stronger and far-reaching network
- Powerful Processing: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and 2 co-processors eradicate latency and deliver stable Performance
With the Archer AX6000, TP-Link introduced the world’s first router to support advanced Wi-Fi 6 technology, and it continues to be the company’s flagship router, providing extensive range and speed for a single-unit router, as well as a comprehensive set of security features that do not require a monthly subscription.
In its dual-band configuration, the AX6000 is capable of providing combined rates of up to 4.8Gbps on its 5GHz frequencies, as well as 1.2Gbps on its 2.4GHz frequencies. Despite the fact that the router’s eight fixed beamforming antennas and high-power front-end module (FEM) help it deliver strong wireless performance throughout 5,000 sqft living space, the antennas themselves aren’t positionable and can only be folded down to make the router’s profile more aesthetically pleasing. The AX6000 also includes eight Gigabit Ethernet connections on the rear panel, as well as a WAN port with a speed of 2.5Gbps for connecting to the fastest internet plans. In addition to a conventional USB-A connector, there’s also a USB-C port, which gives you additional choices for connecting other storage devices. These may be used for sharing files and movies, and they can even be used as a Time Machine server for Apple devices.
One feature that sets the Archer AX6000 different is the HomeCare security package, which includes parental controls, anti-malware protection, and sophisticated QoS features—all without the requirement for a monthly membership fee that would otherwise be required. Trend Micro is responsible for the security aspects of the system, which is similar to Asus’ AiProtection, but the parental controls are far more complex. You may ban websites based on a number of age groups, or just input particular websites, and you can establish time limitations for internet access as well as restricting access to certain websites. On the quality of service (QoS) side, a simple interface allows you to prioritize traffic based on the type of content being sent, such as gaming or streaming, or by individual devices.
12. Ubiquiti Amplifi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System
AmpliFi Gamer’s Edition WiFi System by Ubiquiti, Seamless Whole Home Wireless Internet, HD WiFi Router, 2 Mesh Points, 4 Gigabit Ethernet, 1 WAN Port, Ethernet Cable, Replaces Router & WiFi Extenders
- WHOLE HOME WIFI SYSTEM: Not just a wifi router, it's a wifi system. The AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition Wi-Fi System includes a wifi router with an easy-to-use touchscreen display, two MeshPoints to maximize coverage and eliminate dead zones in your home, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, a WAN port, and an Ethernet cable. The AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition Wifi system provides superior coverage with a range of up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- 802.11AC TECHNOLOGY FOR FASTER SPEEDS AND BETTER COVERAGE: AmpliFi HD is more than a wireless router: it’s the ultimate WiFi system. With turbocharged 802.11ac wi-fi, AmpliFi utilizes multiple self-configuring radios and advanced wifi antenna technology to bring ubiquitous secure WiFi coverage to any home network. Ensure that your Smart TV, digital downloads, and streaming devices have the connectivity demanded in today's modern home.
- WIFI RANGE EXTENDER REPLACEMENT: AmpliFi MeshPoints feature adjustable super antennas that can be placed discreetly in almost location in your house, wherever dead spots need coverage. Signal strength LEDs are integrated into the design to provide immediate and continuous feedback if the system is positioned for optimal performance.
- WIFI TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE: The AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition wireless system is designed by Ubiquiti Labs, a division of Ubiquiti Networks, a global leader in developing wifi access points, wifi antennas, network switches, internet gateways, security cameras, VoIP phones, smart home and outdoor wifi solutions.
For situations when it is critical to have a minimum level of wireless coverage all the way out to the boundaries of a big property, the Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD network access point is a good option to investigate. The enormous range of this sophisticated mesh Wi-Fi system means that it will not break any speed records, but it will be able to transmit a Wi-Fi signal over an impressive 20,000 square foot area.
A little departure from more typical Wifi router for long range designs, Ubiquiti’s system has a four-inch square box acting as the primary router, as well as a pair of mesh points that are placed further out to extend your coverage to the distant ends of your property. With just AC1750 speeds on the dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5, which is 1.3Gbps on the 5GHz band and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz frequency, the Wi-Fi 5 is only capable of AC1750 speeds. However, because of its 3×3 MU-MIMO capability, it performs far better than other rival AC1750 routers when it comes to offering the fastest possible rates over a longer distance.
It is, however, the unrivaled reach of this system that distinguishes it from the competition. However, even while you’ll only receive peak speeds across an area of about 5,000 square feet, which is about the same as most other long-range routers, you’ll be able to connect devices at a distance of up to four times that distance. As a result, the Amplifi HD is an excellent choice for customers who have huge tracts of land and just want minimal Wi-Fi connection for things like cameras and smart home devices or even simply checking email and doing some basic browsing while walking around the perimeter of their property.
What to Look For in a Long Range Wireless Router
Our houses are now more linked than they have ever been. With the proliferation of smart home systems that connect everything from refrigerators to power outlets, it appears as though every gadget in your home is suddenly communicating with everything else. Nevertheless, in order for the digital talks that coordinate our electronic ecosystems to operate properly, a critical piece of technology is required to connect them all together: the modest and often-ignored router.
In the minds of many, a router is simply a dust-covered box with flashing lights that our internet service provider installed for us a long time ago and has since forgotten about. Nonetheless, given its ever-increasing significance, that small box may merit closer consideration, and an update may very well result in significant practical benefits, particularly if you choose a long-range router.
Why Get A Long Range Wifi Router?
It is possible to fix many of the issues that we attribute to our internet service simply by changing the way that the internet is delivered within our houses. The growing number of gadgets in the ordinary household also means that more powerful equipment is required to offer fast and reliable internet connection to each of these devices, so it is no longer just a question of obtaining greater range any longer.
A long-range router has the potential to bring significant benefits to your home. Wifi router for long range are designed to cover larger areas, which means you won’t have to install Wi-Fi extenders all over your house or deal with annoying dead zones. Additionally, if you have multiple devices scattered throughout your home, a long-range router will be able to reach each and every one of those devices. They also frequently have sophisticated capabilities that allow you to increase the speed of your connection while simultaneously allowing a bigger number of people and devices to connect to your network. Long-range routers today are complex devices with a plethora of advanced capabilities that may compete with a PC in terms of functionality.
The Most Important Features to Consider
In a long-range router, it goes without saying that you should search for range requirements. Check to see if it will perform an excellent job of protecting your house. Another important feature to consider is mesh compatibility (if you get a standalone router). This essentially allows you to expand your network using mesh points in the future if you want greater coverage—it’s sort of hybrid configuration.
To discover how powerful your Wifi router for long range is, examine its memory and CPU specifications on any router you are considering purchasing (and therefore how efficiently it can do its job). Look for a processor/CPU with at least 128 MB of RAM and, ideally, a multi-core processor/CPU. For speed, make sure it is at least AC1200; anything older than that will be outdated.
First and foremost, while shopping for a new Wi-Fi router with a long range, you should evaluate how far the device’s wireless signal can go. The majority of long-range wireless routers can cover regions ranging from 2,500 square feet to 3,500 square feet in size, on average. The greatest Wifi router for long range on the other hand, can cover regions as large as 5,000 square feet with ease.
When it comes down to it, the quality of your router’s internal hardware and exterior antennas are the most important factors to consider. Outdoor usage is also possible with the best Wi-Fi router for long range while using the Wireless router for long range. The patio and backyard may benefit from the wifi signal provided by many of these routers as well.
Your wireless router will never be able to give more than the amount of speed that you receive from your internet service provider. However, depending on the router you choose, you may not be able to utilize the full range of your ISP’s bandwidth. This is why it is critical to understand the maximum speed that your router is capable of providing. We recommend that you purchase an option that can handle the same or greater speed than the one provided by your ISP.
Design and Ports
Your long-range Wi-Fi router’s physical form is another element to consider while making your purchasing selection. The gadget you choose should be of a size that will comfortably fit into your living room or residence. Some routers are equipped with inside antennae, while others are equipped with external antennas. Consider whether you like the appearance of external antennas before making your final decision on whether or not to purchase one of them. You should also take into account the ports and connection choices that your router offers you. If you have streaming gadgets, network storage devices, or gaming consoles, you may want to hardwire them directly to your router to ensure that they operate properly. As a result, you may want to consider purchasing a device that has enough connection ports to meet your requirements.
Network Management System
The majority of long-range wireless routers are equipped with a user interface that allows you to set numerous network configuration choices for your system. It is important to note that some routers are more customizable than others, so be sure to pick one that meets your specific requirements. You may configure a variety of features on your network by configuring your routers, such as parental controls, Quality of Service priority, and security configurations.
MU-MIMO And Beamforming
In a wireless network, MIMO (multiple in, multiple out) refers to a technique for coordinating numerous radio antennas that stands for multiple in, multiple out. MU-MIMO (the MU stands for Multi-user) is a kind of MIMO that is optimized for 5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi networks (the MU stands for Multi-user). It enhances the performance of connections established by it. MU-MIMO, in its most basic definition, is a technology that increases the performance of long-range routers.
Beamforming is yet another technique that is intended to increase the performance of routers and other network devices. To put it another way, conventional routers are omnidirectional, broadcasting a signal across a large region and diminishing its strength. Signals delivered to devices connected to the router through a focused beam are more effective in terms of signal strength when using routers that use beamforming technology.
In order to accommodate this, your new long-range router will almost certainly include a slew of antennae. This type of antenna may be pointed at certain sections of the home that require increased signal strength rather than broadcasting equal signals across the entire house in all directions.
When it comes to covering a large region, traditional long-range routers rely on pure brute force signal strength to do the job. A mesh network, on the other hand, is comprised of numerous routers that all broadcast the same network signal in order to form a single big network of nodes.
These networks are comprised of the main router that is directly linked to the modem and a number of satellite routers that function as extensions of the main router, all of which have the same SSID (network identification) and password as the main router. Compared to typical Wi-Fi extenders, they will have quicker speeds since they are intended to work together to provide the best performance possible. Moreover, they provide room for future growth if necessary. Meshed network technology has the benefit of covering a greater area than a single router, which is a significant advantage. One downside is that the system becomes more expensive as a result of all of the associated routers.
Number Of Users
In addition to serving a greater area, the higher strength and bandwidth of long-range routers enable for more devices and users to share that network due to the increased strength and bandwidth of these routers. In theory, you could connect hundreds of devices to your network at the same time. However, in practice, the more the number of gadgets you have, the more they will slow down the pace. Each device will really work at one-tenth of the maximum potential speed, or around 160Mbps if you are receiving 1,625Mbps at 5GHz and you have ten devices. This is assuming, of course, that they are all downloading or streaming at the exact same time.
Some routers are equipped with software that enables them to prioritize different types of network traffic or different traffic sources in order to prevent one device from monopolizing the network and to offer the best possible balance for all users. QoS is the term used to describe the functionality that allows you to prioritize traffic on your system (Quality of service). The use of this feature will increase the performance of the most essential network traffic, such as voice and video traffic. It is necessary, however, to exercise caution so that other critical connections are not slowed down. Quality of service (QoS) is more likely to be beneficial for streaming and gaming.
Conclusion: How to Pick the Best Long-Range Router
Despite the expensive cost of long-range routers, they have several advantages over standard routers, including the ability to serve a larger region while simultaneously providing quicker speeds. They include comprehensive network administration capabilities, as well as high-grade security measures, and increased network capacity. Those who have sluggish internet service providers will find that the usefulness of a long-range router is diminished, but it is still worthwhile because of the broad and varied functions that long-range routers offer. Regardless of the size of your home or the speed of your internet connection, a long-range router could be a sensible investment.