Best Router For Streaming and Gaming in 2022
With subscription streaming services gaining popularity over traditional cable and satellite TV packages, the best router for streaming and gaming has become a highly sought-after item on the market. It is critical that you have a fast internet connection as well as equipment that is capable of handling several high-quality video streams at the same time, as described above.
Full HD (1080p) is soon becoming obsolete, and 4K is swiftly becoming the new norm. This means larger files, greater bandwidth use, and increased demand for the fastest internet connections and the best streaming and gaming router money can buy.
Even though many people believe that the router given by their internet service provider would suffice, an improved wireless router for streaming and gaming is a key to unlocking the true potential of home internet access. The experience, coverage, and speed of Wi-Fi in a household may be significantly improved with even a small router update.
Read more: Best Router For Streaming
The following list of the top wireless routers for streaming and gaming available today will assist you in narrowing down your search for a new router. It is anticipated that these tiny devices would revolutionize 4K streaming and online gaming for both small and large homes. In addition to some very substantial selections, we’ve made it a point to offer some more reasonably priced alternatives so that people on a tighter budget don’t lose out.
Before we go to the shortlist, there is one point that has to be addressed: Wi-Fi 6 technology. It’s a generation of Wi-Fi that’s likely to be used quite a bit in the near future. For those who aren’t familiar with Wi-Fi 6, here’s a brief rundown of what it is:
In terms of Wi-Fi technology, Wi-Fi 6 is the most recent version, and it has a lot to offer both casual and devoted internet users. In comparison to the previous generation, known as Wi-Fi 5, it increases throughput by increasing the maximum throughput of a router. Wi-Fi 6 is also more secure than earlier versions of the technology.
WiFi 6 presents solutions that can handle many connected devices in a centralized location. Because of this management, total internet speeds may not necessarily be quicker – this is dependent on your ISP and the UK internet infrastructure. With a single router, you receive faster speeds across all of your devices, which is crucial in the age of smartphones, tablets, and other smart home devices like smart thermostats. Wi-Fi 6 routers for streaming and gaming, on the other hand, often have greater coverage areas and may be integrated into a mesh network. Wi-Fi 6 is also more secure than earlier versions of the technology.
Best Router For Streaming And Gaming In 2022
1. TP-Link Archer GX90
TP-Link AX6600 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX90)- Tri Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, High-Speed ax Router for Gaming, Smart Router for a Large Home
- Faster AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi - 4804 Mbps (5 GHz) + 1201 Mbps (5 GHz) + 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
- Ultra Connectivity - 1× 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 1× 1 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 3× Gigabit LAN ports and two USB ports ensure max flexibility and boosted throughput; The 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN port and 1 Gbps WAN/LAN port cannot be used as the WAN port at the same time
- Maximized Coverage - Eight high-gain antennas equipped with Beamforming ensure long range coverage Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃ (32℉ ~104℉)
- More Devices with Less Lag - OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology deliver data to multiple devices, simultaneously
- TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link's premium security services keep your home network safe with cutting-edge features for network and IoT protection, including free features 1. Network Security Scan 2. Parental Controls: basic features are free 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification* Subscribe to HomeShield Pro if needed, $5.99/Month, 1-Month Free Trial.
There are a few of aspects with the TP-Link Archer GX90 that you might not care for. It’s large, it’s heavy, and it’s too costly. The inconveniences are easily overlooked when you consider that you’re receiving a lot for your money in the first place. This is a high-speed, dependable Wi-Fi 6 router for streaming and gaming that has a number of features designed specifically for hard-core gamers. This features a special 5GHz ‘gaming band,’ which allows you to soak up the majority of your home’s bandwidth when you require it. Do you have any younger gamers in your household? Good parental controls, such as content filters to block inappropriate information, are also available, with accounts already created for children of various age groups.
2. Asus RT-AC86U
TP-Link AX6600 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (Archer GX90)- Tri Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, High-Speed ax Router, Smart VPN Router for a Large Home
- Game Band: Tri-Band structure provides a 4.8 Gbps Game Band exclusive for your gaming rigs and bings pure immersion. 4804 Mbps (5GHz, HE160) + 1201 Mbps (5GHz) + 574 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Game Accelerator: Detect and optimize gaming streams, to ensure your gaming stays immersive
- Ultra Connectivity: 1 × 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 1 × 1 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 3 × Gigabit LAN ports and 2 x USB ports ensure max flexibility and boosted throughput
- Expansive Coverage: 8 detachable high-performance antennas, Beamforming, high-power FEM, 4T4R combine to deliver WiFi coverage up to a 4-bedroom house
- More Devices with Less Lag: OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology deliver data to multiple devices, simultaneously
Because it is packed with innovative capabilities that make online and network gaming as lag- and frustration-free as possible, the Asus RT-AC86U is one of the most popular gaming routers on the market. This features a simple yet powerful user interface, as well as extensive Quality of Service (QoS) options. Despite the fact that the spider-like appearance is not to everyone’s taste, the eight antennas have a function in that they can be used to guide the Wi-Fi signal across your home, giving this router for streaming and gaming an impressive range.
3. TP-Link Archer C5400X
ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC86U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, WTFast Game Accelerator, Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Adaptive QoS
- Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps
- 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Designed for lag-free online gaming and flawless 4K UHD streaming with Waist game Accelerator and adaptive Qu's
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network-based events. Connected devices must be 802. 11 ac-compatible for best results. Ac input: 110v240v(5060hz)
Though the TP-Link Archer C5400 v2 has already been discussed previously, the firm appended a ‘X’ to the end of this model to indicate a significant increase in performance over its predecessor. Though somewhat more expensive, this router’s high-end capabilities and superior gaming performance make it a worthwhile investment in terms of value for money. A network of gaming equipment may be hardwired together thanks to the eight ethernet connections located around the rear. Furthermore, because of the MU-MIMO and Tri-band capability, wireless connections are likewise of the highest quality. You’ll always be at the top of the leaderboards, no matter where you are in the home.
4. TP-Link Archer AX6600
TP-Link AC5400 Tri Band WiFi Gaming Router(Archer C5400X) – MU-MIMO Wireless Router, 1.8GHz Quad-Core 64-bit CPU, Game First Priority, Link Aggregation, 16GB Storage, Airtime Fairness
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi Router Made for Gamers: Leading edge 1.8 GHz 64 bit Quad-core CPU and 1G RAM accelerates loading
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports and 1 Gigabit WAN port, with Link Aggregation, you can team two ports to double connection speed
- AC5400 Tri-band Wi-Fi over one 2.4 GHz (1000Mbps) and two 5 GHz bands (2167Mbps), dedicate one band to gaming traffic.
- MU-MIMO and AirTime Fairness maximize total throughput and response rates.
The arachnidian TP-Link Archer AX6600, with its squat body and eight antennas, is a stylish addition to any network. Fortunately, it possesses the necessary capabilities to match its intimidating appearance.
The tri-band wifi is excellent: one 5GHz band achieves 4,804Mbps, another 1,201GHz, and the 2.4GHz band achieves 1,148Mbps. The 2.4GHz band achieves 1,148Mbps. Because of the router’s for streaming and gaming excellent range, these speeds are maintained at a reasonable level even while traveling long distances. There are plenty of wired connections, with five LAN ports (one of which is capable of 2.5Gbps) to accommodate numerous devices at high speeds.
In addition, the TP-Link Tether app can be used to activate the guest network, turn on Wi-Fi Passthrough, conduct speed tests, and configure priority features (streaming, messaging, gaming).
5. Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wi-Fi Router with 4 Ethernet Ports and Wireless Speeds Up to 2.6 Gbps, AC2600, Optimized for Low Ping
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your Wi-Fi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service, bypassing network congestion and reducing lag spikes, jumps and jitters
- Make every millisecond count by using Geo filtering to connect to the closest servers and players so you can respond and dominate
- Monitor your network and game ping in real time so you can see who’s hogging the bandwidth by device and application
Having your roommates watching Netflix or downloading their own games at the same time as you may be aggravating if you’re a serious player. Try looking at something like the Netgear Nighthawk XR500 for a wireless router. The 2.2Gbps speed of this top gaming router, along with MU-MIMO compatibility – as well as unique gaming features like location-based connection filtering and QoS – will allow you to play games all night without experiencing any latency spikes that will make you feel like you’re being paralyzed. Just be prepared to pay a hefty premium and ensure that you’re OK with a very gamer-oriented appearance.
6. TP-Link Archer AX1500
TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX10) – 802.11ax Router, 4 Gigabit LAN Ports, Dual Band AX Router,Beamforming,OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, Works with Alexa
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Archer AX10 comes equipped with latest wireless technology WiFi6 featuring OFDMA 1024-QAM, drastically increasing the speed and efficiency of the entire network.
- Next-gen Dual Band router – 300 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz (802. 11n) + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz (802. 11ax)
- Connect more devices than ever before Wi-Fi 6 technology simultaneously communicates more data to more devices using OFDMA and MU-MIMO while reducing lag dramatically
- Triple-core processing the 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor ensures communications between your router and all connected devices are smooth and Buffer-Free
The TP-Link Archer line has some genuine winners, with the AX1500 being the second model to make our list of the best routers on the market. It’s on this list because it’s the best cheap wireless router for streaming and gaming available right now.
In its dual-band configuration, the AX1500 can deliver up to 1.5Gbps wireless speed: the 5GHz band can deliver up to 1,201Mbps and the 2.4GHz band can deliver up to 300Mbps. Wireless devices may now attain rates that are equivalent to those of cable LAN connections because of these speeds. Furthermore, owing to the magic of Wi-Fi 6, the AX1500 is capable of supporting far more devices than Wi-Fi 5 routers for streaming and gaming (and that rubbish grey option provided by ISPs)
Access to network settings and parental controls are available through the TP-Link Tether App, which is included with the TP-Link Archer AX1500.