Best Long-Range Routers for Large Homes
In a long-range router, you obviously want to look for range parameters. Check to see if it will adequately cover your home. Mesh compatibility is another important factor to consider (if you get a standalone wireless router). This simply allows you to expand your network in the future using mesh points if you need more coverage—it’s hybrid.
You should inspect the RAM and processor of any wireless router since they will decide how powerful it is (and therefore how efficiently it can do its job). Look for a computer with at least 128 MB of RAM and, ideally, a multi-core processor. When it comes to speed, make sure it’s at least AC1200—anything less is outdated.
If you live in a larger house, you’ve undoubtedly already experienced how difficult it is to acquire a strong and consistent Wi-Fi connection across your living area. The good news is that if you purchase one of the finest long-range wireless routers, it doesn’t have to be that way. The powerful routers not only provide top speeds but also go the extra mile, ensuring that you get the best possible speeds even when you’re at the furthest reaches of your Wi-Fi coverage.
The finest long-range routers will ensure that you can experience seamless 4K streaming, lag-free gaming, and continuous Zoom calling from anywhere in your home thanks to sophisticated technologies like strong beamforming antennas and MU-MIMO, as well as mesh technology and Wi-Fi 6. Large houses frequently house a slew of laptops, tablets, cellphones, gaming consoles, and smart home gadgets, so these long-range routers are built to handle dozens of them without breaking a sweat. The finest long-range wireless routers are perfect for anyone who is having trouble getting fast online performance around their house, but they’re also good for customers with a lot of connected gadgets vying for internet bandwidth in smaller homes.
Best Long-Range Wireless Routers for Large Homes in 2021
1. ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6 Gaming Router (GT-AX11000) - Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wireless Router, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU, WTFast, 2.5G Port, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, AURA RGB
4 used from $373.76
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
2. ASUS AX6000 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX88U) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router, 8 GB Ports, Gaming & Streaming, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Adaptive QoS, MU-MIMO
3 used from $339.00
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
3. NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500) | AXE11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8Gbps) |New 6GHz Band | Coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. and 60 Devices
- 6GHz WiFi band dedicated to WiFi 6E devices including Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Enjoy 4K/8K video streaming, AR/VR gaming and HD videoconferencing
- Exceptional 10.8Gbps WiFi speed, 9x faster than WiFi 5. Backward compatible for all WiFi devices on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- Coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. and 60 devices
- Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or modem router required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- Sets up in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage WiFi settings at the device and network level, test internet speed and monitor data usage
4. TP-Link Archer AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router
3 used from $298.95
- TP-Link Archer AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router
5. NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50) – Router & Extender Replacement Covers Up to 5,000 sq. ft., 2-Pack Includes 1 Router & 1 Satellite White
30 used from $149.99
- Ultra-performance Mesh WiFi network blankets every inch of your home in super fast and seamless WiFi connectivity - room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor
- Eliminates WiFi dead zones and buffering - 5,000 square feet of consistent coverage - with speeds up to 30 Gbps.
- The most award-winning Mesh WiFi system on the planet: PC Mag, CNET, Wirecutter, Forbes, SmallNetBuilder.
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your WiFi at the same time, thanks to patented tri-band technology.
- Simple setup with the Orbi app - create guest network, access parental controls, perform speed tests, and more right from the appRefer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
6. TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX10) – 802.11ax Router, 4 Gigabit LAN Ports, Dual Band AX Router,Beamforming,OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, Works with Alexa
4 used from $49.99
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Archer AX10 comes equipped with latest wireless technology WiFi6 featuring OFDMA 1024-QAM, drastically increasing the speed and efficiency of the entire network.
- Next-gen Dual Band router – 300 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz (802. 11n) + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz (802. 11ax)
- Connect more devices than ever before Wi-Fi 6 technology simultaneously communicates more data to more devices using OFDMA and MU-MIMO while reducing lag dramatically
- Triple-core processing the 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor ensures communications between your router and all connected devices are smooth and Buffer-Free
7. Amazon eero Pro mesh WiFi system (1 Pro + 2 Beacons)
- Whole-home WiFi system - The Amazon eero Pro mesh WiFi system (1 eero Pro + 2 eero Beacon) replaces the traditional WiFi router, WiFi extender, and internet booster by covering a 2-4 bedroom home with fast and reliable internet powered by a mesh network.
- eero 2nd generation - With the most intelligent mesh WiFi technology and powerful hardware, the eero 2nd generation WiFi system is 2x as fast as the original eero WiFi. Backwards compatible with 1st generation eero products.
- WiFi extender - The eero Beacon is a full-fledged WiFi access point that simply plugs in to standard outlets and easily extends your WiFi connectivity to every device with more reliability than the standard WiFi booster.
- Mesh network - Powered by proprietary TrueMesh technology, the eero mesh WiFi network leverages multiple wireless access points to create an incredibly dependable internet experience, all on a single mesh WiFi system.
- Quick & easy setup - Replacing your old WiFi router has never been easier than with the eero Pro mesh WiFi system. Setup takes minutes and the companion mobile app makes managing your home WiFi simple and intuitive.
8. Google Nest Wifi - AC2200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router - 4400 Sq Ft Coverage - 2 pack
3 used from $229.00
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
- 1 Wi-Fi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi routers or points to your system.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included on each router. 15W power adapter.
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates itself to get new features and help your network stay safe and sound.
9. NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX120) – AX6000 Wireless Speed (Up to 6 Gbps) | 3,500 sq. ft. Coverage
16 used from $254.53
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support Wi-Fi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 & 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 & Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 & S20
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps Wi-Fi speed
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
10. Linksys AC1200+ Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA6350-FFP)
3 used from $90.00
- Up to 2.8 times faster than Wireless-N technology: Simultaneous dual-band speed up to N300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + AC867 Mbps (5 GHz) for media-intense applications
- USB 3.0 port: USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet ports ensure ultimate media streaming and fast data transfer of photos, video, data files or connecting devices across your network. USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Smart Wi-Fi allows users to prioritize devices or websites, gain parental control over inappropriate content, monitor network activity, turn Wi-Fi access on or off, and create select password-protected guest networks.
- Smart Wi-Fi apps: A growing suite of apps offers improved opportunities to control one's home network
- Easy setup: Simple installation requires no CD
11. TP-Link ARCHERC80 / ARCHERC80 / ARCHERC80 AC1900 Wireless MU-MIMO Wi-Fi 5 Router
1 used from $66.99
- Ultra-Fast Dual-Band Speeds: Experience smooth 4K/HD streaming and intense online gaming with speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (1900 Mbps - 600 on 2.4 Ghz and 1300 on 5 Ghz).
- More Reliable Coverage: Achieve the strongest, most reliable WiFi coverage with Archer C80 as it focuses signal strength to your devices using Beamforming technology and 4 antennas.
- Connect More Devices: Simultaneously communicate more data to more devices without slowing down using MU-MIMO technology.
- Advanced WiFi Features: Smart Connect and Airtime Fairness ensure your devices are on the best available WiFi band while ensuring old devices don't slow you down.
- Parental Controls: Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize WiFi access for every person and device in your home. Easy Setup: Set up your router in minutes with the powerful TP-Link Tether App
What to Look for in a Router with a Long Range
Our houses are more linked than ever before. Every gadget in your home today appears to be talking to everything else, from computers and televisions to smart home systems that connect anything from refrigerators to power outlets. However, one crucial piece of technology is required to connect all of our electronic ecosystems: the simple and often-ignored best wireless router.
For many of us, a wireless router is nothing more than a dusty box with blinking lights that our internet service provider installed for us years ago. Given its growing relevance, that small box may merit more attention, and an update may result in significant concrete benefits, particularly if you purchase a long-range router.
What Are the Benefits of a Long-Range Router?
Many of the issues we attribute to our internet service may be remedied simply by changing the way the internet is distributed within our houses. It’s also no longer just a matter of having a greater range, but the growing number of devices in the average household necessitates more powerful equipment to offer fast and reliable internet to each of these devices.
A long-range router can offer significant advantages to your family. Long-range routers are intended to cover bigger areas, so you won’t have to put Wi-Fi extenders all over your house or suffer from unpleasant dead zones, and if you have numerous devices dispersed around your house, a long-range router can reach them all. Advanced features are frequently included to speed up your connection and allow a larger number of users and devices to connect to your network. Long-range wireless routers today are complex devices with a lot of advanced functions that match a PC.
While dead zones and dropped connections are obvious signs that you need a longer-range router, issues like lagging and buffering on Netflix or choppy video calls on Zoom and FaceTime can also be a sign that your current router isn’t up to the task—especially if they only happen when you’re further away from it.
If you’re having trouble receiving wifi coverage in a certain region of your house, one of the finest Wi-Fi extenders can be a quick and cost-effective replacement for your whole router. If you can afford it, though, you’ll nearly always be better off purchasing a long-range router, which will increase coverage in all directions and make things easier in the long term.
Certainly not. When you’re sitting directly next to a router, you’ll receive the highest speeds possible, but if the router can’t send out a strong and concentrated signal, those speeds will soon drop as you move further away. The finest long-range routers are built to send out a strong signal that can go further across your home while also passing through barriers like walls and floors.